[ODE] toolbar in win32

Ruud van Gaal ruud at marketgraph.nl
Thu May 30 06:06:01 2002

> I have seen a number of GUI libraries, but they always hardcode
> themselves to a particular graphics API, usually OpenGL. I also
> could use a GUI that would allow me to specify the low-level
> drawing functions, but I never been able to find one.

Hm, my Racer sim uses such a library; it's QLib, but it's my own and
actually rather undocumented (except for the source itself).
It does hardcode alas to OpenGL for the most part. But buttons etc. are
drawn in OpenGL, giving opportunity to do fancy/custom stuff. Racer itself
then uses a derived class from QButton (a standard button) to get RButton
(see src/racer/libu/rbutton.cpp). That uses animated text and fills, but
other than that fully based on an event-driven system.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have the time in the foreseeable future to
document QLib, but the source may help in whatever way.
You can download Racer's source from the homepage at www.racer.nl, and also
get the exes to see it in action (the main menu's button).

QLib is though oriented a bit towards a system where you have a shell and a
viewing window (QSHELL, QBC). In most of my work, the QBC is broadcasted to
video (hence the name). And creating a QApp object creates the lot for you
(see src/racer/main.cpp; it actually turns off the creation of QBC there).

It might be of use.
Ruud