[ODE] toolbar in win32

Adam Moravanszky amoravanszky at dplanet.ch
Wed May 29 05:30:02 2002

Interesting.  I am also looking for a GUI widget library, but one that
doesn't delegate to the OS' native GUI api (like the device context stuff on
win32) but rather expects the user application to provide a small library of
simple routines for drawing shapes, drawing fonts, scrolling, etc.  I could
use something like this for driving the GUI of a game-like application which
needs to have everything that is drawn to be 3D accelerated, and can't
easily coexist with DC-s (see DirectX 8).  For example, it would be nice if
it would not require support palletized display modes, or other legacy
functionality.  It would also be nice if it took advantage of the 3D nature
of things and permit 3D widgets, and full customizability of the widget look
(like 'skin' support in some apps).  wxwindows has OpenGL integration, but
as far as I can tell, this means that it has an OpenGL viewport widget (like
MFC) but all other widgets still get drawn via calls to the win32 API.  The
only way I could get wxwindows to work like this is if I reimplemented the
entire win32 (or X11) GUI API with my own calls to D3D.  That is probably a
lot of work.  Ideas?

--
-- Adam Moravanszky
http://n.ethz.ch/student/adammo/