[ODE] Inverted triangles

marc o'morain omorainm at tcd.ie
Mon May 13 01:54:02 2002

>> I think I'm down to the last problem now. Boxes bounce
>> expected, but spheres seem to behave as if the surface
>> They get sucked through the ground rather than bouncing
>> 'throw' a sphere back up from below ground, it bounces
>> throw a box up from below, it behaves like it should (passes through, then
>> lands on the terrain on the way back down).
>>
>> Any idea what could be causing this, or how to fix it?

[I have just subscribed to the list, and am not really up to speed with ode]

This problem occurs in Graphical programing when you declare the vertices of a
triangle in the wrong order, and the normals for the triangle face the wrong
way (remember from maths: a crossproduct b != b crossproduct a)

- marc o'morain -

"I saw 'cout' being shifted 'Hello world' times to the left and stopped right
there."