[ODE] Ignorant newbie question

Adam Rotaru adam_rotaru at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 20 10:41:02 2002

--- Darek M <darekm@pakistans.com> wrote:
> Next up I issue `gcc -lode test_buggy.o` and get
> errors of undefined reference to functions inside
> libode.a. Stuff like dGeomDestroy, etc.

If gcc complains of not finding library ode, then
the problem is obvious.
If not, try (AFAIK you need to leave the libs to the
end, so the linker can include the stuff which is used
by the object files before):
 gcc test_buggy.o -lode

Also, if you use drawstuff, you need a bunch of other
libraries. Sg. like this:
gcc test_buggy.o -o test_buggy -L<your lib path> -lode
-ldrawstuff -L/usr/X11R6/lib
 -lX11 -lGL -lGLU -lm

> I also tried `-L/usr/local/lib/libode.a` with same
> results.
This is incorrect, correctly it is:
 -L/usr/local/lib -lode

Hope this helps.
You can bug me off-list if you've got trouble.
--adam