[ODE] Ignorant newbie question

Darek M darekm at pakistans.com
Wed Mar 20 07:25:02 2002

Hi, I appologize for being so ignorant. I am an intermediate programmer but am new to compiling on UNIX, and am experimenting on the test_buggy.cpp code.

It compiles fine with `gcc -c`. I get the object file .o.

Next up I issue `gcc -lode test_buggy.o` and get errors of undefined reference to functions inside libode.a. Stuff like dGeomDestroy, etc.

I also tried `-L/usr/local/lib/libode.a` with same results.

This is on a Slackware 8 kernel 2.4.16 system. I ran `ldconfig` but maybe there are other commands I need to issue.

I hope I do not get flamed. I got interested in simulating physics from enjoying GPL and would like to experiment with ode more as a hobby, than anything else.

Thanks.