[ODE] braking

Ossi Antero Väänänen ossi at niksula.hut.fi
Mon Mar 18 23:55:02 2002

hey,

I do braking by setting the target velocity of the wheel to 0 and the
maximum force to something suitable (it depends of the friction
between the wheels and the ground).

(Btw, I hacked the ODE test_buggy code to include four wheels (and two
wheel steering of course), selectable front, rear, or four wheel
drive, and joystick steering. The result is amazingly realistic.)

So the code would look like
dJointSetHinge2Param(joint[wheel], dParamVel2, 0);
dJointSetHinge2Param(joint[wheel], dParamFMax2, amount);