[ODE] Complex Joint Groups

G.M. Downie N0051682 N0051682 at hud.ac.uk
Sun Mar 17 08:10:02 2002

Hello ODE Commuinity,
		I am trying to set up a Fairly Complex Joint group, with not
a lot of experience with ODE I'm trying to find out what would be the best
way to implement such a group.

	The project is a JCB style Digger, which i have previously modeled
in VRML with out any physics or collision detection. The joint is the group
at the top of the back hoe as shown at the address below

<a
href="http://www.ceg28.co.uk/cv/train1/help/jointhelp.jpg">http://www.ceg28.
co.uk/cv/train1/help/jointhelp.jpg</a>

I will be using joystick input to control the extention of the ram. Is
having a sliding joint the best way implement a Hydralyic Ram as when there
is no +/- velocity on the ram friction must be infinte to ensure the ram
does not slip.

the original VRML project is located here:-

<a
href="http://www.ceg28.co.uk/cv/vrml_jcb/">http://www.ceg28.co.uk/cv/vrml_jc
b/</a>

Any Help / Ideas  warmly accepted.