[ODE] complete 3D Characters with physics?

Adam Moravanszky amoravanszky at dplanet.ch
Tue Mar 12 16:10:02 2002

> or about 60 more with fingers and toes, using

Toes??  I see you are going for the first game ever to feature realistic
physics based toe animation.  Is that going to be happening inside shoes, or
just when the character takes them off?  I can see this becoming a serious
selling point.  Lets just hope your game designers can leverage the
technology you make available.  They could have clever enemies who run
around barefoot, and when already downed, pick up a bunch of sand with their
toes and fling them into the eyes of the player as an act of defiance.  But
that would require lots of dynamics driven sand particles too, so remember
to include that in your object budget.

--
-- Adam Moravanszky
http://n.ethz.ch/student/adammo/