[ODE] complete 3D Characters with physics?

Dennis Jan Franken Dennis Jan Franken" <djfranken at gmx.de
Tue Mar 12 12:45:01 2002

Hi,

ODE looks like a really cool physic engine, many
thanks, i'm looking forward to pump up our
game engine :))

Has anybody tried to simulate a fully articulated
3D Character with ODE, and can give me some
expirience?
That would mean simulating 22 bones minimum,
or about 60 more with fingers and toes, using
hinge joints and ball and socket joints with
rotation limits.

Is this reasonably possible with speed, stability
and memory?

I'm asking because i should delay that experiment
if i knew that i have to expect a lot of problems.
Thanks!

Dennis

---
Dennis Jan Franken <djfranken@gmx.de>