[ODE] tri-collider + DLL

Nate W coding at natew.com
Thu Jun 27 09:38:02 2002

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 nlin@nlin.net wrote:

> The last three entries are rather troubling, since they are C++ mangled
> names (MSVC calls these "decorated" names). I have no idea about how
> MSVC generates these names, if they change according to build settings,
> or if they change from version to version of MSVC [...]

I *think* the names will remain stable for the forseeable future, as any
change would probably break DLL interactions in god-knows-how-many
applications and DLLs.  Also, there is an API, UnDecorateSymbolName, which
turns mangled names into human-readable names (provided the human in
question speaks C++), and it's been around since Win95.

I was able to build and use tri-collider without those functions, though.
It's been so long since I built it that I'm not sure how I did it, though.
That wiki site is a great idea.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA