[ODE] Tri-collider page on wiki

David McClurg dmcclurg at pandemicstudios.com.au
Wed Jun 26 16:47:01 2002

Thanks Norman. This is very helpful.

Under "Limitations of the Triangle Collider" I see--
#  Current tri-collider code might not yet support moving tri-meshes (the transformation matrix for the tri-mesh must be identity, see mailing list)
# Once moving tri-meshes are supported, you still need external library to compute arbitrary inertia tensor for moveable tri-meshes

>>> I searched the mailing list archive and didn't find anything about this. <<<

What I'm interested in is a tri-list that responds to dGeomSetPosition() and dGeomSetRotation().  My tri-list geom is linked to a scene graph and I'd like to follow the scene graph node as it moves/rotates.

I don't need inertia or a body yet.  Just teleporting through space would be fine.  Moving platforms you can jump between in a game is an example where you don't need inertia badly.

Of course, I can do this myself by transforming the vertex list but I was surprised to find that tri-list geoms didn't respond to dGeomSetPosition().  This approach also requires two vertex lists so errors don't build up!!