[ODE] Optimizing for SIMD

Gene Ruebsamen gene at erachampion.com
Fri Jun 14 11:15:02 2002

Hello,

I wonder how much SIMD operations will help speed up ODE.

Unless I am mistaken, 3DNow! and SSE only support single-precision floating
point operations.  Thus, unless you are willing to take a hit in accuracy,
your performance may not benefit too much; although, I am sure there are
some areas of ODE where the SIMD instructions would benefit greatly..

Check out http://libsimd.sourceforge.net/ .  Looks like someone is working
on a portable SIMD library.  Maybe we could use this in ODE...

Any thoughts?

Gene Ruebsamen