[ODE] Collision detection for arbitrary polytopes ?

Nate W coding at natew.com
Wed Jun 12 20:09:01 2002

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Marco Grubert wrote:

> While reading through the manual I was surprised by the lack of triangle /
> poly collision detection. So how do you simulate arbitrary 3d models?

ODE itself only includes support for a handful of primitive objects, but
it can be extended - and fortunately for us, it has been extended.  Check
out the 'triangle collider' code in the /ode/contrib/ CVS directory:

http://q12.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ode/contrib/tri-collider/

I am using it to do collision detection against height-mapped terrain, and
it's working nicely.

> Or did I just miss something in the docs ?

Documentation for this stuff is sparse, but that's what the mailing list
is for. :-)

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA