[ODE] GETting torque imparted by a hinge joint

Nate W coding at natew.com
Tue Jun 11 12:04:01 2002

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, jon klein wrote:

> First of all, is it possible that a future version of ODE might
> allow the joint torque to be a parameter that can be set in the
> joint?

On a related note, I'd like to be able to do the reverse - to *get* the
force applied to a joint during the previous timestep, e.g.:

dReal force = dJointGetXxxxxParam (dJointID, dParamFActual);

One of the next things I want to add to my app is a seismograph-style
readout of joint positions, but joint torques would probably be even more
useful.

Thanks,

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA