[ODE] wiki slightly broken

nlin@nlin.net nlin at nlin.net
Mon Jul 29 15:39:02 2002

Hello,

> I suppose this falls to me since I have access privileges and Russ is
> probably busy.  Generally this kind of webadmin stuff I can help out on.

OK.

> Ok, the first bug, pointing to the wrong page - shouldn't anybody else in
> the world referring to the ode wiki page always just fully qualify it with
> ?Ode_Wiki_Area ?  If that was the rule, then this would work as is.

I suppose, but most wiki's I've seen including the original usemod wiki
don't require specifying a start page. See for instance
http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

> The second bug, I looked at this quite a bit, it seems like the actual
> page "ode_recent_changes" is just a page for user verbose comments about
> recent changes.  The actual "enumeration of recent changes" is selectable
> by visiting "view other revisions" at the bottom - and it seems to work.

This is just for the one page, not for the entire wiki. See
http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?RecentChanges for the way
RecentChanges is supposed to be - it summarizes all changes on the
entire wiki (so you can see where activity is taking place).
This is separate from the "View other revisions" for the specific
page, see for contrast
http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?action=history&id=UseModWiki ,
which just summarizes the changes for that one page.

Have you set $RCName set to "ODE_RecentChanges"? If so, maybe you need
to delete the current ODE_RecentChanges page so that the wiki can reuse
that page name to automatically generate the page. Or, maybe wiki.pl
can't really grok the spaces in the "RecentChanges" page name, so
$RCName might need to be set simply to "RecentChanges" (the default).

Thanks,
-Norman