[ODE] Collision problems

Jetro Lauha jlauha at cs.Helsinki.FI
Thu Jul 18 23:47:02 2002

Hello all. I'm having some strange collision problems with the default ODE
collision system.

I check at the beginning of the collision callback function if the bodies of
the geoms are some which I don't want to collide, and then return from the
function if that is the case. After this if the check passes so that the two
bodies are allowed to collide, I find out that for some reason dCollide
creates actual collisions between some bodies in the world which I don't want
to collide against each other.

I can fix this by not creating the "invalid" contact joints, but if I have
understood the system correctly this shouldn't be the case that I have to
filter out collisions at this point?

Another problem I have is that if I try to print out all collisions happening
in the system, I don't seem to get any collisions between capped cylinders and
boxes.  Because of this I'm currently faking it by using spheres instead but
drawing capped cylinders. I may change the spheres to boxes though if I can't
get the capped cyls working, this was just a quick hack to get it work a
little bit better. Any ideas what could cause this?

--
-- tonic - Jetro Lauha - jetro at iki.fi - http://iki.fi/jetro/