[ODE] Making things slow down and stop

Leaf Garland leaf at tataput.com
Thu Jan 31 15:02:02 2002

Apologies for what is probably a very silly question.

I've recently started playing around with ODE and noticed that there
doesn't seem to be an obvious way of getting things to stop rolling. You
can see this in the box stack test if a sphere is dropped and hits
another object it will roll away for ever. I've tried playing with the
friction but it only seems to affect how much an object 'grips' while
it's spinning not the spin itself. I'm considering getting and adjusting
the objects angular velocity, is that the way to go?

Cheers,
Leaf.