[ODE] SOLID 2.0.2 & ODE anyone?

David Jung jungdl at ornl.gov
Mon Jan 28 20:06:01 2002

I am working on a project that needs Collision Detection for polyhedra
and physics.  I started implementing both myself and got a decient way.
However, my collision stuff had some bugs and it's not as good as SOLID
2.0.2, so I plugged that into my project.  I never got my friction
physics working properly (was also using a LCP solver), and it was
way slower than ODE.
So: I would like to use ODE.  However, the SOLID library uses callback
functions for collisions.  There is no way to just query if two solids
are in contact (As the ODE user geometry API seems to need).
It also doesn't provide penetration depth.
(My higher-level collision stuff presently does a bisection search to
find the exact contact time to within eps).

Has anyone hack up either SOLID or ODE to use them together?
(although within my framework, SOLID is wrapped in classes and ODE will
need to be too)

Thanks,
-David.