[ODE] Re: Show and tell, part deux

Nate W coding at natew.com
Thu Jan 24 02:42:02 2002

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, [iso-8859-1] Frédéric Marmond wrote:

> Hum, I appreciate that ODE compile on my linux computer...
> Does your 'ODE graphic interface' compile on non-windows archis?

The user interface code (~325k of source) is not at all portable - this is
the code the manages the tree controls, property window, motion window,
toolbars, dialog boxes, and so on.

The application logic (~350k of source code) should be portable to other
platforms without too much trouble.  This is the code that implements the
application data structures, OpenGL stuff, load/save, clipboard functions,
etc.

I plan to produce a Linux port in the future, reusing all of the app
logic.  Right now I want to focus on getting results though, and for me
that means working in Windows.  I'd still be learning X if I had started
this on my Linux box. :-)

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA