[ODE] UNITS in ODE

Michael Sebastian Sbrissa Bortolin michael_bortolin at dell.pucrs.br
Wed Jan 23 09:44:02 2002

I'm testing an application using ode based on the buggy example. I wanted to do a test with real values for the mass of the car and torque on wheels, and so on, then I set the mass of the car = 1500 and gravity = -9.81. If I run the application and It goes very unstable, the car start to spin and disappear in less than 1 second. I though the problem was the timestep but I try many values and the problem continues. Someone could help me on how to simulate the correct values for a car simulation using ode?

Regards

Michael Bortolin
Development Team
E-Business Research Center - DELL/PUCRS