[ODE] Compilation errors on several Linux's

Ruud van Gaal ruud at marketgraph.nl
Wed Jan 16 13:13:01 2002

Hi,

I'm using ODE in my racing sim, and as this is basically a Unix product, my
main dev platform is Linux.
Now several people get this problem when trying to compile it:

../../include/ode/odecpp.h:198: implicit declaration of function `int
dJointSetHingeAxis(...)'
../../include/ode/odecpp.h: In method `void dJoint::setSliderAxis(float,
float, float)':
../../include/ode/odecpp.h:200: implicit declaration of function `int
dJointSetSliderAxis(...)'
../../include/ode/odecpp.h: In method `void dJoint::getBallAnchor(float *)':
../../include/ode/odecpp.h:203: implicit declaration of function `int
dJointGetBallAnchor(...)'
../../include/ode/odecpp.h: In method `void dJoint::getHingeAnchor(float
*)':

The problem seems to be that the C++ classes use functions that aren't
prototyped yet. However, on my Linux machine I get no problems with it. Does
anybody recognize this?

It seems that include ode/odecpp.h should indeed give these errors, as
ode/objects.h is not included, so all prototypes are missing, and the
compiler shouldn't be able to make anything of the class inlines after that
(_id=dWorldCreate() etc).

Thanks,
Ruud