[ODE] ODE as DLL

nlin@nlin.net nlin at nlin.net
Fri Jan 11 18:56:02 2002

Russ Smith wrote:

> > Here are my additions to compile ODE as a DLL under MSVC.
>
> it's now integrated with ODE (in cvs), with some (small) tidyups.
> thanks for your work! it works well for me. could you verify that
> it works for you too? (noting the following...)

Just now getting around to testing the CVS version again, but with
the following question...

> > There were some annoying issues regarding shell quoting
>
> these only occurr on bash+MSVC, not dosbox+MSVC, correct? i didn't
> include your quoting fix because bash+MSVC also fails on the tools\rm
> command. i'll add this when we can fix both problems at once.

Forgive me if this is obvious, but what do you mean by "dosbox+MSVC"?
When I use cygnus make, it automatically uses sh.exe (i.e. bash) as
its shell, leading to the quoting problems because the commands are
eventually passed on through to command.com. How do you build on MSVC?

Another thing I noticed is that I left a hard-coded path to the MSVC
LIB directory in the /LIBPATH parameter of variable OD_LIB_AR_RULE in
file config/makefile.msvc-dll. I think this path can be eliminated without
harm from the makefile.

-Norman