simulating real-world physics, was Re: [ODE] non static deltaTime

Nate W coding at natew.com
Fri Jan 11 12:56:02 2002

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Adam Rotaru wrote:

> ps.: Another smart-ass comment for the end: using '9.81' for gravity
> in your physics simulation doesn't mean you understand physics better.

My application is sort of a rudimentary CAD program for robotics (or
cubist kinetic sculpture, if you're so inclined<G>).  I figured that using
9.81 for gravity and treating mass units as kilograms and linear units as
meters would give me results that should translate reasonaly well into the
real world.  Is that correct, or am I overlooking something?

And, if that IS correct, are the joint motor forces in Newton-Meters?

Thanks.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA