[ODE] Help building ODE 0.03 under Win32

McEvoy, Nick nick.mcevoy at dsto.defence.gov.au
Mon Jan 7 20:19:01 2002

First up my apology ... yes I'm hopeless at makefiles !  :-(

I'm using MSVC (on Win32) and I'm trying to do the "Step 4" in building the
ODE library:

>make configure
cl /nologo /DWIN32 /DMSVC /DdDOUBLE  /DdNODEBUG /Feconfigurator.exe
configurator.c
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), cl /nologo /DWIN32 /DMSVC /DdDOUBLE
/DdNODE
BUG /Feconfigurator.exe configurator.c, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
make: *** [configurator.exe] Error 2

It seems that the include path and lib path to my MSVC is not being found.

Do I need to set some environment settings (for the compiler & linker) or do
I need to make changes to the ODE Makefile (eg. put in an include switch
/I"D:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio/VC98/Include")?

I assume the Makefile should not need to be touched ... thus it must be a
user-configure file or an environment setting.

(Last time ... with ODE 0.025 I setup ODE and compiled within a Visual C++
project (with-out using GNU make). This time I thought I'd give GNU make a
go ... so far not so good).

Any ideas ?

Nick
mailto:nick.mcevoy@aspect.com.au