[ODE] Stuff

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Wed Jan 2 21:20:02 2002

i haven't forgotten this email either:

> 1) Would it be able to change the docs to do:
>
> <LI><A href="#ref3">1.2. New

it already *is* that way. check that your browser (IE?) is not doing
some kind of transformation.

> 2) Should the GeomGroup have a cleanupmode as the GeomTransform has?

maybe. my reasoning was that GeomGroup merely references geoms that
may have an independent existance, whereas GeomTransform always 'hides'
a geom. but, people have their own ideas about what is going on so
perhaps it is a good idea to add this (added to TODO list).

> 3) What happens when we add the same geometry to multiple GeomGroups?
> And multiple GeomTransforms? Judging from the sources i'd say its
> only a problem when 2 GeomTransforms encapsulating the same geometry
> would be colliding.

correct. the geom would self-collide, maybe generating a bad contact
point. but why would you want to add the same geometry to multiple
GeomGroups?

russ.

--
Russell Smith