[ODE] Collision Detection

andy hook anselm at hook.org
Thu Feb 21 19:05:02 2002

> > 2. I noticed in the ODE examples, specially in the boxes chain, that the
> > boxes collide into eachother without being detected. This is really a
> > drawback for ODE. I wanted to know whether this is a grave problem or
not,
> > and also whether you are going to fix it in a near future or not.
>
> Not sure what example you are talking about; however, the collision
> detection in my humanoid seems to be working fine.  Just make sure the
step
> size is small enough (see above).

In that example the boxes are deliberately setup not to collide with each
other.  You can arrange for any collision objects to be collidable or non
collidable with each other as meets your needs...  those demos were simply
built to show off something else and didn't setup collisions in that way.
Doesn't sound like this will affect you but only a select few collision
primitives are supported right now (sphere, box, plane, capped cylinders)
and there isn't any support for polygon soup versus polygon soup for
example.

-a