[ODE] Look at my Humanoid Example

Adam Moravanszky amoravanszky at dplanet.ch
Thu Feb 14 02:45:02 2002

Oh, I just saw that you are using gravity = -1.5 ?!  We only started having
problems when setting the gravity near -9.8, (using 'realistic' human body
part masses in kilograms) but those were fixed, as I said, with the ERP/CFM.
With such low gravity, you should not have any problems with the default
settings, IMO.  Unfortunately, when we created our second creature (a
walking hexapod) we found that the values found adequate for the body were
no good, and had to change them again.  While I realize how difficult it is
to create robust simulation code, the degree of sensitivity ODE exhibits to
these two fudge factors is not very convenient at all.

--
-- Adam Moravanszky
http://n.ethz.ch/student/adammo/