[ODE] Drawstuff and Blank Screen in Linux

Gene Ruebsamen gene at erachampion.com
Thu Feb 7 19:13:02 2002

Hello,

I'm new to ODE, and have been playing around with it for the past week.
I really enjoy it, and am starting to get the hang of it; however, as an
ODE newbie, I find I am making some programming errors that result in
strange behavior in ODE.

The worst thing is when I am using the drawstuff library. If I get a
segmentation fault or some other type of error in my code, the process
dead. However, when I run another ode application (one of the tests
included in the distribution) I just get a blank screen. As far as I can
tell, the simulation is running; however, I see nothing.  This happens
often enough that its become a hindrance. Often, the only way to get
ODE/drawstuff to work again is to reboot the machine.  I cannot find any
processes that are running, so I'm not sure what's going on.  I've
experienced this on less serious errors as well (non segmentation
faults).  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gene Ruebsamen