[ODE] Geometry Groups, Spaces, and bodies?

Bill Kraus bkraus at digitalbiology.com
Sat Dec 28 18:19:01 2002

I tried to upgrade to version 0.035 and ran into a bit of a problem I hope
someone can help me with.

I was using the geometry group in version 0.03 to create a complex collision
geometry for a rigid body - specifically, I had a single rigid body which I
modeled using a couple of spheres. This worked great. But in version 0.035 I
find that geometry groups are depreciated and superceeded by spaces, which
are non-placeable geoms. As a consequence, I can't seem to get the behavior
I am looking for.

Can someone tell me how to associate a collection of geoms (spheres, boxes,
etc.) with a single rigid body?

Thanks!