[ODE] Simple documentation question

Thomas Harte thomasharte at lycos.co.uk
Thu Dec 12 19:21:02 2002

--=_NextPart_Lycos_0177021039745989_ID

In section 7.5.1 Parameter functions, the parameter dParamVel is described
as "Desired motor velocity (this will be an angular or linear velocity)". In the case
of a hinge-2 joint, trial and error under ODE 0.03 reveals that this value is
measured in revolutions, not radians as I expected. This has thrown me
somewhat - is this the same for all parameter functions?

My conclusion is drawn from setting the velocity on a sphere, radius 0.32 to
26/0.32, and discovering that the sphere ends up rolling forwards with a linear
velocity of 26. Please tell me if I've made a horrible error!

-Thomas

When words aren't enough - Vodafone live! A new world of colour, sounds, picture messages and information on your mobile. <a href="http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4909903;7724245;q?http://www.vodafone.co.uk/live">
Click here</a> to find out more.

--=_NextPart_Lycos_0177021039745989_ID--