[ODE] My project explodes in latest cvs ode

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Sat Dec 7 20:49:01 2002

> No that isn't it. :(
> I did figure out what the problem is though. It seems that the
> Geometry Transform Class, or how ODE deals with it changed. The
> following used to work but doesn't seem to work with current CVS:

i've investigated your problem a bit. i didn't find anything wrong with
the GeomTransform, but in the process i did find a bug in the
test_boxstack example: some contacts between composite objects and other
geoms were being ignored because the dAreConnected() function was
telling the near-callback that two bodies were already connected (but
they were connected by contact joints only). this is fixed, and a new
API function has been added to support the fix:
dAreConnectedExcluding(). if you're using 'composite' geometry objects
you may want to consider using this new function.

anyhow, i doubt this was your problem. GeomTransform works fine for me,
so can you give be a test case that illustrates the bad behavior?
(there's not much i can do without a test case).

russ.

--
Russell Smith
http://www.q12.org