[ODE] Hovercraft?

Clay Larabie Clay Larabie" <c-larabie at rogers.com
Thu Aug 29 08:24:02 2002

Chris

I don't have an answer for you, but I'm interested in the same thing, so I'd
like to hear any responses the ODE folks have, as well as any approaches you
end up taking.

I'm currently doing something quite simple - I'm using a single sphere that
rolls on the terrain. My "workaround" idea is to not render the sphere, set
the vehicle geometry at the sphere's position every update, and orient the
"hovercraft" to the ground below the vehicle. If I orient the vehicle over a
period of time instead using interpolation it'll smooth it out and not look
horrible, but I still don't like the workaround.

Clay
.