Re[1]: [ODE] Simulating a Cylinder.

Thomas Harte thomasharte at lycos.co.uk
Fri Aug 23 05:41:02 2002

--=_NextPart_Caramail_0160781030106392_ID

> There's no flat-endcap cylinder collision support in
> ODE currently. You might try a bounding box instead; still not right, but
> if you need the flat ends more than the round sides it might do what you
> need.

If any developers are reading, perhaps a nice idea for a future release of ODE would be
to define rigid bodies as being boolean combinations of the supported geometry types? It
strikes me that it wouldn't be a hard change on the code level, and it would allow such
things as flat capped cylinders . . .

-Thomas
Check out all the latest outrageous email attachments on the Outrageous Email Chart! - http://viral.lycos.co.uk

--=_NextPart_Caramail_0160781030106392_ID--