[ODE] Magic updated

Erwin de Vries erwin at vo.com
Sat Aug 10 14:05:02 2002

I got this code working fairly easy. The hardest part was _AGAIN_ the
penetration depth. In the end i could have kept my own code. All it needed
was correct edge handling, which is done automatically by this Magic code.
However i need to detect and special case for edges in the end anyways, so
not much is won. This algorithm should be a good deal faster than my
implementation though, so that is good. I can still optimize a lot in there
now. Not sure if i will do all of them. I've done some testing on the
current implementation, and all collisions appear to be detected and handled
without going wild. (Yes, Norman, even your wickid sharp edge test) Hooray!!
;-) With very low stepping rates it is less stable than the new (also
unreleased) spherecollider, but nothing serious.

I'm going to test some more, and i certainly hope it stays stable. If
so, i'll release it shortly.

Erwin