[ODE] Managed C++ Wrapper for ODE

Anselm Hook anselm at hook.org
Mon Aug 5 18:03:02 2002

I'll contribute if you start it.  I only have a C# compiler however.
 Martin Martin has a nice one for C++ that may be a good starting point
because he introduces a couple of ideas.  (I have a rough one for c# but
it is just a hack and I don't have time to lead such an effort).

Note - if you want to manufacture objects off disk from an XML schema then
you may want a no-args constructor based approach.  It isn't totally
convenient to pass construction arguments in XML.  This means the managed
c++ interface may be slightly different from Martin's C++ interface and
from Russes default C++ interface - you'll have to attach bodies to worlds
after they are created...  also there is some argument to coalesce world
and space together because they have to be updated synchronously and can't
really represent separate nodes in a scene-graph.  Otherwise I can't think
of anything that would be a showstopper.  It's a good idea.

-a