FW: [ODE] Geometry passing through TriList

Eric Cha ericc at xenopi.com
Fri Aug 2 08:35:02 2002

Hmm, not knowing exactly how Erwin is doing his collision detection, It
seems like he is doing discrete time step sphere to polygon collision
checking.  If that is the case, I would suggest using an LSS (Line Swept
Sphere) vs polygon check using the start and end positions of the sphere
for each time step.  I'm not certain of the most "optimal" way, but if I
were to do it, I would implement it as a gross check (i.e. if the LSS
intersects the poly, then figure out at what time, based on the
intersect, and cut your time delta by that amount to step the simulation
"back" and use the regular sphere to poly collision at that point).

My .02

Eric

---

---