[ODE] Geometry passing through TriList

Erwin de Vries erwin at vo.com
Thu Aug 1 10:44:02 2002

This can indeed happen. The maximum stepsize you can take for the collision
detection to give accurate results is "(Diameter / 2) / Velocity" The / 2
part will be fixed in the upcoming release. So a sphere with a diameter of
10 units and a velocity of 1000 units will require a stepsize of (10 / 2) /
1000 = 0.005 seconds

The ray collision has nothing to do with this. In step N objects might not
collide, and in step N + 1 the collision might have taken place in the
meantime, but that is not simulated. It would be possible to fix this of
course, but it is not on my list.

Erwin