[ODE] Collision objects

Erwin de Vries erwin at vo.com
Sun Apr 28 01:02:02 2002

What we did for explosions was create a static sphere and let it expand over
a few seconds. It is very useful though to use the functionality described
in previous mails for area checking. ODE has optimized scene information. It
would be a real pity if you wouldnt make use of it. The only disadvantage
currently is that even when you specify 0 contacts the collision system
still generates a contact. You can speed this up by optimizing the collision
functions to generate 0 contacts, and simply return true or false. I'm
pretty sure Russ would like to add your changes.

Erwin