[ODE] Collision objects

Nate W coding at natew.com
Sat Apr 27 21:55:02 2002

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 symeg@tcd.ie wrote:

> I have one question though. Is it possible to insert a geometry into
> the space which will inform you whether objects have collided with it,
> but not cause any response to the collision? I was thinking that it
> would be a handy way to check which objects were going to be effected
> by an explosion.

In the collision callback, you can test the two colliding objects to see
if one of them is your 'pseudo-object.' If it is, you can return from the
collision callback without creating any contact joints.  Perhaps before
returning from the callback you could apply some forces to 'push' the
objects away from the explosion, if that's what you want the explosion to
do.

It might be computationally cheaper to just compute the distance between
all of the objects and the point of the explosion, though.  Depends on
your circumstances I guess.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA