[ODE] C++ wrappers

Martin C. Martin martin at metahuman.org
Tue Apr 9 16:06:01 2002

So I'm filling in some C++ wrappers that I need.  Russ, let me know when
you're getting ready to release and ask me for them then.  I could send
you them now, but the longer you wait, the more I'm likely to have. :)

Anyway, I've noticed that for the classes that have types (joints,
geoms, etc.), you don't use different derived classes for the different
types.  They would seem to map naturally, and if you did this, you'd get
run time type checking, etc.  It just seems more object oriented, less
error prone, etc.  Why did you do them they way you did?  Am I missing
something?

Thanks,
Martin