[ODE] ODE and stability with diverse objects

Erwin de Vries erwin at vo.com
Wed Apr 3 11:54:01 2002

I was actually thinking about the same thing a couple of days ago.
Braindump:

You treat the truck to be body-less whan colliding with the dog. This means
that 1 dog cannot move a truck nor can 1000 dogs. The principle is that you
have mulitple 'classes' of objects.

Definition:
- In the case of a collision of different classes, the one with the
'highest' class is percieved as bodyless.
- In the case of a collision of 1 class both objects have a body.

Let C be the class ranging from 0 to infinity.
Let N be the 'virtual mass' ranging from 1 and 10.
The actual mass is N*10^C.

This should work i believe.

Erwin