[ODE] ODE and stability with diverse objects

Jason Booth zombie.shakespeare at verizon.net
Wed Apr 3 09:46:02 2002

I've been attempting to use ODE in an environment where there can be a
great deal of range between object masses.  The problem is that I can
get the environment stable for one end of the spectrum, but then I have
problems with the other end.  According to the docs, in a single
precision environment, I should be shooting to keep my mass values
between .1 and 1.  For my application, this is too restrictive.  I guess
my question is, is it possible to achieve a balance with ODE in an
environment where objects can be as large as big trucks and as small as
dogs?