[ODE] test_buggy strangeness

Nate W coding at natew.com
Thu Nov 29 19:07:02 MST 2001

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Russ Smith wrote:

> > If the collision detection code checks for collisions once per box,
> > rather than once per reference-to-box, that might explain this.
>
> the problem is that the collision objects (geoms) refer to the
> dynamics objects (bodies), but not the other way around [...]

Actually I think the problem is that I in a hurry when I added the extra
parts to the test buggy.  I'll accept full responsibility for the
collision bugs that resulted; one-to-one correspondence between dynamics
bodies and geometry objects is fine by me.

> what effect are you trying to achieve?

I'm still just trying to understand how ODE works.  This is complicated by
the fact that I'm just beginning to understand constrained rigid body
dynamics.  I'm getting there, but thanks for your patience in the
meantime. :-)

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA