[ODE] autoconf/automake

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Sun Nov 25 12:39:01 MST 2001

> WHY THIS COULD NOT YET GO INTO CVS:
> * originally make stuff breaks when using this patch !!
>    why ?
>    include/ode/config.h should be removed or in fact moved
>    to ode/src (the patch makes it "empty")

noted.

> * cygwin completely untested

i can test this when i get a chance.

> * if you use ./autogen && ./configure
>    the original makefiles are overwritten - which is ugly when using
>    cvs

i think this will be OK. we'll simply remove the 'Makefile' files from
CVS and let the configurator create them, or copy over
'Makefile.platform' files.

> * if drawstuff is disabled, build tests which don't use it
>    perhaps make 2 directories (gui tests - non gui tests)
>    in the moment there are only gui tests ?

right now the only non-gui using test is 'test_ode'. some other tests
can function without the gui but use it anyway to give the user
something to look at.

> anything missing ?

hmmm...

* autodetection of the types in (the current) config.h (e.g. int32,
  intP).
* autodetection of the correct dInfinity value. e.g., use HUGE_VAL
  if it exists, else use 1.0/0.0 and check that that works, else .. ?

russ.

--
Russell Smith
http://www.q12.org