[ODE] segv with memory allocation using dALLOCA16

Shaul Kedem shaul_kedem at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 25 04:23:02 MST 2001

Hi,
 I've changed the alloca to malloc and everything
works in about the same speed. It stops responding
because no free() is called (or so it seems...).

 alloca is evil because it can overflow the threads
stack. Thread stacks in win32 are at a default of 1 MB
(the documentation states, however, that the stack
will "grow as nessecary" - which doesn't happen,
apparently). I've tried creating new threads with 10MB
of stack initial space - as the documentation states
the thread creation will fail if there is not enough
stack space available - the threas is created
successfully , and the test still fails.

Maybe there is another way to bypass that, if so -
please tell me.

shul