[ODE] autoconf/automake take 5

Jens Thiele karme at unforgettable.com
Wed Nov 21 11:00:02 MST 2001

Russ Smith wrote:

>>* tested platforms/compilers
>>   linux gcc 2.95.2 / glibc 2.1.3 + SDL 1.2.0 and without SDL
>>   linux gcc 2.95.4 / glibc 2.2.4 without SDL
>>   irix MIPSpro Compilers: Version 7.3.1m + SDL 1.2.0 (problems with
>>     c interface)
>>   FreeBSD 4.3 gcc 2.95.3 /  without drawstuff - only compiled
>>   SunOS 5.6 gcc 2.95 / without drawstuff - only compiled
>>

> very cool. hopefully we can eventually get fbuild parameters for all
> of those platforms too.
>
> russ.
>
> --
> Russell Smith
> http://www.q12.org

unfortunately i have to "take this back"(<-is this correct English ?)

i have trouble on irix
before i tested it with remote x over a slow line - and got an error i
thought it was due to the slow line.
but toady i tested it directly on the irix machine and I still get the
error:
strange bus error while accesing a contact struct (the first time) which
is on the stack (the dStack)
first i thought it might be a problem with mmap but then i tested a
malloc replacement and had no success
(everthing seems to be alright - no overflow - memory available, ....)
I have to do further debugging

My question to Russ:
you said mmap should be replaced with a malloc solution. Are you (or any
other person) already working on it ?
Otherwise I could to this.

Ciao,
karme