[ODE] autoconf/automake

Ruud van Gaal ruud at marketgraph.nl
Mon Nov 19 16:44:15 MST 2001

>   in ode:
>     timer.cpp: In function `void dTimerReport (FILE *, int)':
>     timer.cpp:331: `strlen' undeclared (first use this function)
>
> must be just a missing include or something.

Seems to be <string.h> here. But I know some 'standard' functions are sometimes
defined in different files (have had the same problem with my code on different
Linux versions).

>   * HUGE_VAL should be the maximum representable dReal. this is
>     normally infinity. HUGE_VAL is poorly defined right now.
>     on many systems infinity is 1.0/0.0 - but not all?

I had to change this in the .h file to HUGE. Which is FLT_MAX
(/usr/include/math.h). That was a Best Linux install (not one of the more
commonly known ones).

>   * high resolution timer functions in timer.cpp. these are not
>     needed for normal operation, but are a must for testing.

Windows uses QueryPerformanceCounter() and its brothers and sisters. Haven't
checked though what you use now. On Linux, I still use gettimeofday() (!).

Cheers,
Ruud