[ODE] controlling ball and socket joint

Camilla Pedersen c.p at mobilixnet.dk
Mon Nov 12 05:25:02 MST 2001

Hi Russ and everybody else

Do anybody know a good way to control the ball and socket joint ?
I'm going to use it for a hip joint and a shoulder joint. The joint has a desired angle between each of the three axis. The angle is meassured between the two bodies. But if I wan't to rotate the bodies around one axis, then the angle will change at the other axis as well. This will start an acceleration. At least I think this is the problem.
Do I then have to change the desired angles around the other axis? I think this is a bit complicated especially if the body is going to rotate about more than one axis.
Are there another solution ?

regards

Camilla