[ODE] Re: Compiling with VC++

nlin@nlin.net nlin at nlin.net
Thu Nov 8 02:17:01 MST 2001

Kenneth Holmlund wrote:

> Could someone give me a five liner instruction how to compile
> ODE with VC++. Do I need Gnu Make instead of MS NMake in order
> to get it to work.

Yeah, use GNU Make. I have the Cygwin GCC compiler and binutils
installed on my win partition, so GNU Make was automatically there.
With this installed, and with MSVC installed, typing "make" should
work. Oh, I believe you need to copy build/Makefile.config.example
to build/Makefile.config, after editing it for your desired options
(float/double, debug/release).

Last time I checked there was a minor problem with the .RES files
not being copied into the right location, but this may be fixed with
the latest snapshot. Not a big problem; you can copy them manually if
the make process doesn't.

-Norman