[ODE] collision bug found!

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Tue Nov 6 20:36:01 MST 2001

Erwin de Vries wrote:
> On a related note, i was thinking about the maximum of 255 contacts
> per object. Is this enough? Shouldnt we raise this to 65536 for
> safety reasons?

i guess so, there are currently no other bits being used in that flags
field. with the current ODE engine, if you have > 255 contacts in a
single island then you are into some serious slowdown. but:
  * GeomGroups can collect returned contact together
  * contacts may be implemented with non-constraint methods
  * future techniques may scale linearly

i'll make the fix (easy) and this will go in the next snapshot.

> On another related note. I figured out some interesting way for the
> trianglecollider to make use of hierarchical temporal coherence when
> doing collision on groups without the use of the aabb_test.

i didn't understand this too well, i'll have to inspect your code
to see how you are doing things.

russ.

--
Russell Smith